LED bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know,but it's just what I was looking for over OEM. Some to me are just way too bright

Our backup lights suck, strong plate lights actually help you see all those pesky shopping carts, toddlers, and grannies with strollers....

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our backup lights suck, strong plate lights actually help you see all those pesky shopping carts, toddlers, and grannies with strollers....
Adieu, you could always get a "Mon back man" to stand behind you when you back up - he'll say "mon back, mon back..." :D

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Half the stuff in our Fords is assembled with Torx/Stardrive bolts.

Get a good set of Torx or knockoff drivers, preferably impact rated, if you plan to do anything on your car.

Ive used as small as T8 afair and as large as T55 or T60

Make sure you purchase "security Torx" bits.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Adieu, you could always get a "Mon back man" to stand behind you when you back up - he'll say "mon back, mon back..." :D

After driving a large RV for years, I just start rolling backwards slowly. You'd be surprised how effective driving like a blind idiot can be. There are some situations where you simply cannot see behind you.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can disable "fast flash" with FORscan, that would be better than installing resistors. The resistors dissipate a lot of power and they can get HOT -- especially when brake lights are involved as they can stay ON for relatively long periods of time.

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
If you can disable "fast flash" with FORscan, that would be better than installing resistors. The resistors dissipate a lot of power and they can get HOT -- especially when brake lights are involved as they can stay ON for relatively long periods of time.
If I can't sweet talk a service manager into getting a tech to disable it for free, that's my route. I'm going in with the argument that over the past 10 years my family has purchased over $500,000 worth of Fords from the same dealership, the leastvthey can do is take 10 minutes to hook it up and disable it free of charge.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
There's lots of stuff Forscan can do. Extinguishing the headlight and fog light blinding green indicators on the dash made little sense to me until a long drive in the dark this weekend. Gonna set them Off as soon as I can.

Notes here indicate some (many?) dealers don't have a clue how to enable/disable things like this.

-- Chuck

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would suggest that you guys getting into the programming and in some cases De-programming make a sticky thread that you guys can add to. It will keep all that knowledge in one spot for everyone interested to find easier.

jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire