LED Taillights Color Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CookieMan12

Reaction score
I'm just looking for opinions here. I have the charcoal gray metallic 2011 Expy. I'm torn on whether I want to go with the black or red LED tails. The red would look more factory, but with the red lens, can you really tell a difference? I'm afraid the black would clash too much with the charcoal gray and not look good. At this point, I'm leaning towards the red.

Opinions?

20130316_1825491_zpsfdee8873.jpg

Thanks in advance!

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just so you know those Led lights are crap and do not put out any light. Atleast not what your hoping for

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a pair that are smoked like the ones I have. They'll look good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CookieMan12

CookieMan12

Reaction score
I'm having to get one taillight replaced anyway, so I thought I'd use the money to upgrade to a set of LEDs. I'm not really expecting a ton of increase in lighting, just taking advantage of a situation and move up to LEDs.

dbovine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What about smoking the stock ones (once you have a replacement) and putting LED bulbs in. Better light, no it doesnt have the grid appearance but performs better. If you are stuck on the LED, Id get smoked red or smoked clear to go with the charcoal but make sure its a glossy finish

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having to get one taillight replaced anyway, so I thought I'd use the money to upgrade to a set of LEDs. I'm not really expecting a ton of increase in lighting, just taking advantage of a situation and move up to LEDs.

your not upgrading bro. In bright daylight you hardly can see them. Trust me Ive seen them. Get limited tail lights

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get limited tail lights

????? There is no "Limited" Tail Lights.

All the 3rd Gen taillights are the same. Just the Limited headlights are different.

Maybe you're thinking about the ones on the F150's ???

Matt

Static54

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Milwaukee WI /Anthem, AZ / Grand Rapids, MI
Back to the ops question. I have the same / similar color. I think the dark would look better especially when they let up red. Good contrast. Red definitely look more stock. Either way give it a shot if it's what you want. I bought some led lights off ebay for my silverado lasted 7 years no problems. Never know until you try.