Left rear door will not open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MissileMech

Reaction score
Hello...I need some advice on how to tackle this problem. The left rear door will not open from the inside or outside. The lock actuator still works and I can move the lock knob up and down fully. When I pull the outside door handle it feels as though it is disconnected. The inside handle is still connected because when I pull it the door lock knob drops to the locked position. When I hold the door lock in the unlocked position and pull the inside handle the latch does not release.

Any ideas on what the issue may be? Has anyone removed the inside door panel with the door closed?

Thanks!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll admit that I went out and looked at my 99 for an answer. It does appear that the door panel is removable when closed. Removing the seat would ease access to the bottom of the panel.

OP
OP
MissileMech

MissileMech

Reaction score
Thanks for checking it out. I will have to get the panel off and figure out if the actuator/latch can be operated when I get my hand in there. If the actuator is broken I may have a real problem. I am very fortunate that the only thing that has gone wrong with my Expo in 106,000 miles is an alternator failure and now this.

I will post what I find out when I get to it.