Lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bscot

Reaction score
hay guys new here... formerly a jeep guy...I know I know
I have a stock 1999 eb awd
I've been looking around trying to find a lift kit for it, but am getting conflicting info.I guess the number one question is can you lift a 1999 awd expedition and if you can what is the best option
thanks

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here ya go look at my pics.... performance accessories 3" body lift, Daystar 2" coil spacer and torsion twist, 6" Fabtech running 16x10 rims and 37x12.50 Procomp extreme ATs.... and its a 99 Eddie Bauer Awd 5.4...

Bart Man

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lifted Expedition

Here's another one! :D :p

Attachments

• P2250014.jpg
    P2250014.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,845
  • P2250015.jpg
    P2250015.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 10,219
  • P2250018.jpg
    P2250018.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 2,170
OP
OP
B

bscot

Reaction score
Just to be clear

All your trucks look great!!! but just to be clear are they all wheel drive ? I've read some things while looking for lifts. Witch say... these lifts don't work on expeditions with awd ... Again thanks for the responce guys

OP
OP
B

bscot

Reaction score
My mistake

Sorry guys trying to read on my phone and didn't get last part of the first Post

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Most of the suspension lift companies say that awd trucks aren't compatible with their products. A body lift and perhaps some spacers will get you enough lift to clear 35s.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
left out, heres another one,lmao, getting body lift on as soon as work figures out how to give me a day off, 2/3 tt, performance accessories 3inch body lift, on 32 supers
the tt bend and rear spacers with a 3 inch body lift gives the expys a nice looking hight and can be done for under 400$ if you do the wrenching your self, once my body lift is in i will be running 36/9 super swampers, staying narrow with the tire but gaining one size,

Last edited:

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Not trying to change the thread, but dgray69, don't you think 9 inch wide tires are gonna look like training wheels on you rig? If you're gonna get new rubber anyway, go a little wider. You'll regret having such a narrow stance with all that height. Just my 2 cents. ( I'm Canadian, so that would be like 1.8 cents or something like that). Unless that's better for mudding and such.... Use em like paddle tires.....

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i need to stay narrow to run the 36 inch in that style of tire or they will rub,and they are very aggressive tires it would just shred everything, I may be able to go a little wider, but not much, and the narrow tires help in the snow and mud, more spliting and less pushing, unless i do some more mods like a ton of body work, or a bigger lift, im not to worried about turning roll on the tires as most of the driveing is off road, i drive this truck 6 miles to work 6 miles home, so its off road more than on, which is why i have the ugliest expy on the forum, :) of course i am loosing the front bumper, i may gain enough to go with a little wider tire, ill have to see when body lifts on and tube bumper goes on, plus tube will be forward mounted to make room for winch behind it, still work in progress, just wish the wheel wells were about 2 inches deeper, and by the way you can stop sending me your unwanted snow, I DONT WANT IT. :p

Last edited: