Lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wider is better.... since yes narrow tires dig but what if mud is too deep your frame is going to bottom out and your stuck.... so what I like is wide tires if I had more money I'd go with 14.5 wide rather than my 12.5s.... wide tires with good tread self cleaning lugs is the only way to go keeps truck floating n prevents bottoming out.... my old 97 f150 was running 38x15.5 Swamper TSL radials and it was a tank never got stuck in serious mud.... I almost ordered a set of 35x14.5 boggers but wife says no....:(

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats why i belong to clubs with big trucks, gives them something to do other than just drive around all day, hehe, i might go wider, depends on what i run into along the way

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
bscot, yes you can order a lift for the AWD. i have a rancho 4" susp and i have an 01 EB/AWD. no driveline vibration and i fit 35 toyo open country with 16x10 rims. walnuts, with that fabtech and AWD, do you get a lot of driveline vibration? is yours the alltime AWD/4h/4l or do you have the 2wd option transfer case? cuz i know where bscot is coming from. cant seem to find one "compatible" with the AWD.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
did you have to change any of the driveline angles or anything? do you get any axlewrap when you are offroading? im really considering going with your type of setup cuz of the cost of SAS.