lift questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kurt.l.balmer

Reaction score
just a few questions...

How wide are the stock 17 inch wheels on my 2009 expediton?

I want about 3 inches of lift maximum, what is a recommended kit?

Was thinking of just getting my stock 17's painted black and throwing some bigger tires on. if i have a 2.5 or 3 inch lift, how big can i go on the tires?

not really going to be offroading, just want a more aggresive appearance. would like to have a meaty tire but at the same time a quiet tire.

Also I am looking for a good supercharger kit for my 09 expy, any ideas?

Reaction score
i believe the stock wheels are 8 1/2 wide and the closest you can get to A 3 inch is a 2.5 inch leveling kit truxx makes a good one and you can fit up to a 325 or 35 inch tire on them if yours is a 4 wheel drive and i know kenny bell makes an awesome kit for the triton 5.4L

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I checked out the OE wheels for 07-08 expy's and found them to be 17x8. If you can post a pic of the style you have it would help. See this link for the 2 styles that are 17x8 http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/cgi-bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi

As far as a lift goes, I have the truxxx setup and it lifts 3" front and 2" rear. The pic in my sig is with a 315/70/17 (34.5) and its a 2wd. That should give you an idea of the space the lift will create. I had a 275/60/20 (32.99) before with this lift and the tires looked too small IMO.

Curious why you are wanting to supercharge an 09? Not inexpensive unless you find something used. I dont think I would be trying that in Germany on a new truck. I assume you would do the work yourself over there since you probably cant get any tech support? Personally I would drive it for a few years til the warranty ran out then maybe. Until then I would stick with simple bolt ons...cold air intake, exhaust, tuner.

OP
OP
K

kurt.l.balmer

Reaction score
Yea, I do nopt really want to void the warranty ( I managed to get a 7 year 75,000) but with the mods I have I still just do not have the power I want.

Right now I have the following. K&N Intake, Magnaflow catback, Hypertech max energy tuner, Throttle body spacer, Billet street speed grill, and projector headlights.

Would like to get headers If I could find a good set, but I cannot find a high flow catalytic convertor to go btween the headers and my magnaflow catback.

What about a mild cam? or getting heads ported and polished? What other bolt on preducts are there for me? :)

Thanks for the help!! I do not know much right now. I will post pics soon though!

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, I do nopt really want to void the warranty ( I managed to get a 7 year 75,000) but with the mods I have I still just do not have the power I want.

Right now I have the following. K&N Intake, Magnaflow catback, Hypertech max energy tuner, Throttle body spacer, Billet street speed grill, and projector headlights.

Would like to get headers If I could find a good set, but I cannot find a high flow catalytic convertor to go btween the headers and my magnaflow catback.

What about a mild cam? or getting heads ported and polished? What other bolt on preducts are there for me? :)

Thanks for the help!! I do not know much right now. I will post pics soon though!

well you could certainly go with headers, cam, heads, etc...but the cost versus gain just doesnt really make it worthwhile IMO.

04DrBlur

Reaction score
Summit racing has your high flo cats. I don't know if they will ship over the pond though.
Why don't you look into regearing your axles?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker