Lift with load leveling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ACE 71

Reaction score
Lifting my 2017 with load leveling option. I know I will need to disable the system, and change the rear struts/spring assembly? Any recommendation on the lift? I did the Truxx lift on my ‘09 non-load leveling. Direction on this is appreciated! -Aaron

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
If your gonna change to struts and spring assembly I’d go Readylift 3/2. Got just under 3” in the front and a solid 2” in the back after suspension settled. Took me and my dad 4 hours. You WILL NEED an air powered impact wrench and an extra set of hands if doing it yourself. You will save hours if you have that tool. I did it in my driveway one day and it barely needed an alignment. Here’s a pic for ya. Let me know if you have any questions about itEFF8A7D8-859D-4F0F-AD0F-C1A0BA486E2F.jpeg

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^^ what he said, and FYI there is no system to disable. Your truck uses Nivomat shocks in the rear, not air compressed bags. 2014 and beyond moved to Nivomat for self-leveling: optional on Expedition, standard equipment on Navigator.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
My 2013 with LL did not need to have the rear bags replaced. You will need to change out the sensor so it "thinks" it's under load basically.

I'm not sure the 2015+ are the same since some of the guys here say they are no longer bags/struts.

Here you go, this is what I installed.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Expedit...ght-sensor-link-arm-/272330959100?_mwBanner=1
Not exactly the sensor but these are just adjustable links and are for Air load leveling only so they won't work on his 2017. However I am using these adjustable links on my 07 and they worked great

OP
OP
A

ACE 71

Reaction score
Thanks guys- To clarify, will I need to change the rear strut/spring assembly on my '17 w/LL or just the strut? Also, is there anything to be done with the electronics/sensor?? -Aaron

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your gonna change to struts and spring assembly I’d go Readylift 3/2. Got just under 3” in the front and a solid 2” in the back after suspension settled. Took me and my dad 4 hours. You WILL NEED an air powered impact wrench and an extra set of hands if doing it yourself. You will save hours if you have that tool. I did it in my driveway one day and it barely needed an alignment. Here’s a pic for ya. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

I'm still confused on the 3/2 lift - Why wouldn't you lift it equally front and back? When I look at mine sitting on a level parking lot or street I don't notice it sloping down or anything like that.

Thanks,

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm still confused on the 3/2 lift - Why wouldn't you lift it equally front and back? When I look at mine sitting on a level parking lot or street I don't notice it sloping down or anything like that.

Thanks,

You might not notice it, but it is there

All Ford trucks at factory stock lean forward. Hence all the "levelling kits", the different levels of lift on front & rear Ranchos, etc.

Measure your wheel well heights if you dont believe it.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score

Thanks,
To shove those big boy 35s under the front wheel wells I’m guessing. Mine rides better than factory with the 3/2 installed. Getting Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/65/20s after the new year. 34.76 x 11.50 I believe are the measurements.

Not many companies have manufactured true suspension lifts for our trucks like they have for other Ford models, Chevys or GMCs. Readylift gave me just what I wanted height wise and the ability to run 35s on my OEM wheels. I guess it boils down to personal preference. You will not be disappointed if you go the 3/2 route IMHO

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Also, any higher and the suspension angles start getting really out of whack. The brake lines will need to be extended rather than just relocated any higher than a 3/2. Just the appearance alone compared to a stock height Ex puts a smile on my face

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69