Lift with load leveling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks guys- To clarify, will I need to change the rear strut/spring assembly on my '17 w/LL or just the strut? Also, is there anything to be done with the electronics/sensor?? -Aaron
You will not need to change anything. The load leveling kit on your Expy is just a different set of shocks. They do their job regardless of the spacer kits like the Ready Lift Kit.

I had the ReadyLift 3/2 on our 15, and have it sitting in a box to go on the 17, but no time, plus it is COLD!

Last edited:

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm still confused on the 3/2 lift - Why wouldn't you lift it equally front and back? When I look at mine sitting on a level parking lot or street I don't notice it sloping down or anything like that.

Thanks,

Hi Andy,

My '03 has always had a rake but I actually liked it because as you load up the back, it comes down. I like that better then starting out level and dragging your ass end when it's loaded up or have a trailer hanging off the back, but that's just my pref. For my gen, maybe later as well, the rear half shafts come thru the frame, so that limits how much one can lift the back end. I'm guessing the "leveling" kits are popular because it allows 35's upfront where a bit more lift is needed to avoid too much rubbing when turning. Even with the leveling kit, mine still has a bit of a rake so I'm happy :).

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

My '03 has always had a rake but I actually liked it because as you load up the back, it comes down. I like that better then starting out level and dragging your ass end when it's loaded up or have a trailer hanging off the back, but that's just my pref. For my gen, maybe later as well, the rear half shafts come thru the frame, so that limits how much one can lift the back end. I'm guessing the "leveling" kits are popular because it allows 35's upfront where a bit more lift is needed to avoid too much rubbing when turning. Even with the leveling kit, mine still has a bit of a rake so I'm happy :).
Thanks Bob, I'm thinking that if I do the lift I just want to lift it equally, I want the height but I'm not interested in putting on larger tires, so I'm thinking something like 2/2 if that's available or maybe 1.5/1.5.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Thanks Bob, I'm thinking that if I do the lift I just want to lift it equally, I want the height but I'm not interested in putting on larger tires, so I'm thinking something like 2/2 if that's available or maybe 1.5/1.5.
You wouldn't want it levelled?

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I would venture to say any spacers that will fit your model year truck but on an f150 will also fit your Ex. The instructions for readylift 3/2 were for an Ex but the kit was delivered in an f150 spacer kit package. Called and confirmed they are the same exact spacers so maybe you could find shorter ones to fit your needs?

OP
OP
A

ACE 71

Reaction score
Thanks much for all the helpful replies! Great news that there are no changes needed in the rear. I've ordered the kit.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would venture to say any spacers that will fit your model year truck but on an f150 will also fit your Ex. The instructions for readylift 3/2 were for an Ex but the kit was delivered in an f150 spacer kit package. Called and confirmed they are the same exact spacers so maybe you could find shorter ones to fit your needs?
Since I don't have a flat area to work and I don't feel like jacking it up on a slopped driveway, I'll probably just pay someone who knows what they are doing to do it.