Linking key fobs to preset seat and mirror positions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, long story short...

My wife and I have been switching off driving the expy a lot lately. I got tired of every time I got in to drive, the seat and mirrors would be in her position.

Most of you might already know this but I just figured it out by looking through the manual.

We can link each key fob to preset seat and mirror positions so when you unlock the vehicle with your fob the seat returns to your preset position. I know you can push the button on the door to do this, but sometimes I would forget and have to stop the vehicle, put it in park, then press the button to change the settings. This removes a step.

Here are the instructions from the manual on page 151:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_08_2017.pdf

Linking a PreSet Position to your Remote Control or Intelligent Access Key Fob

Your vehicle can save the preset memory positions for up to three remote controls or intelligent access (IA) keys.

1. With the ignition on, move the memory positions to the desired positions.

2. Press and hold the desired preset button for about five seconds. A tone sounds after about two seconds. Continue holding until you hear a second tone.

3. Within three seconds, press the lock button on the remote control you are linking.

To unlink a remote control, follow the same procedure – except in step 3, press the unlock button on the remote control.

Note: If more than one linked remote control or intelligent access key is in range, the memory function moves to the settings of the first key to recall a memory position.

Last edited:

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 05 Suburban does this. But not my 17 Expy. Atleast the 4th genes are catching up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 05 Suburban does this. But not my 17 Expy. Atleast the 4th genes are catching up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yep every other vehicle we’ve had, going back to the early 2000’s, always had this and that’s what brought me to investigate. Glad they put this in the 4th gen. Can’t believe it’s not in your 17, wow.