looking for heater hose diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryA

Reaction score
you can run a line tapping into the front with an elbow, then running it outside to the back, without pulling the intake off, plenty of vids out there on it

lotsa vids out there also how easy it is to deal with the quick disconnects at the heater core but also lotsa info that sez impossible without a special tool, which was my experience,

hose selection can get complicated cos some setups have rear heat & some hoses come with the quick connects crimped on vs universal hose clamp type fittings, that can end up not fitting

i'd stick with the motorcraft parts with crimped on quick disconnects if (leaking) having to go there, but just splice in a fresh line using an adapter & hose clamps, for a temp fix
I certainly agree on the quick connects...the motorcraft hose set-up costs a little more but well worth it.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Rich_007

Rich_007

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys. I work a crazy 12 on 12 off schedule, and am hoping to get into it this weekend. Will post results. Thanks again.

ExpoLady

Reaction score
Does anyone have a diagram for 03 Expedition for the heater hard lines? Specifically, the ones that run between Tranny and the engine at the back bottom? I have a busted tube and need to know where it goes. T's, connects, how long, etc. So I know what to get and where it goes to replace? Thanks for any help in advance.

rjrodney

Reaction score
99% It’s either the heater return hose behind the water pump or the upper intake manifold which is plastic and a common fail point. Check the valley on top of your engine for a pool of coolant.

Edit: oops I just saw you got the manifold off. I would replace the manifold and the heater return line at the same time here. Coolant in the plug well is a sure sign the manifold is cracked.

Last edited: