Looking for opinions on lifts for my 2010 xlt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubba

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Okay, I'm trying to plan out my lift for my 2010 xlt. I'm worried that if I put the 3/2 on it prior to getting new wheels/tires it will look rediculous. Should I wait until I get the new bigger tires or do you think it will look fine? I'm running stock 265/70R17s now.
I know it will look like a project truck for a bit, but I can't get the picture of a monster truck with its shipping wheels on out of my head. lol

OP
OP
Bubba

Bubba

Reaction score
So I've decided on a 2.5/1 inch lift/leveling kit to start. The 3/2 lift doesn't make sense to me considering the 2" inch drop when I measure the body in between the wheels. It would only raise the front an inch higher after it's all said and done.
The level kit at least raises it 1 1/2" higher in the front. I'm sure I'll go higher later but I want to see what this does first. When I do go higher I'll have new tires and rims to go with it.
I'll post pics before and after.

Liftedford89

Reaction score
This is a 3" front no lift rear. I would at least do a 3/2 lift, and pick a nice set of tires to put under it. I could run 285/75 with out any cutting and that's a 34" tire toyo M/T, 11.9 wide.

226.JPG

Liftedford89

Reaction score
The tires on there in the pic are 275/70/17 that's like a 32.4". Not really that big.