Looking for Rotors and pads...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, guys. 2001 XLT, 4.6, 4WD.

I want to replace rotors and pads all around. I put about 25k miles on this thing a year with several trips up and down the eastern coast. It pulls a small horse trailer a few times a month over the summer as well.

I have a quote request in at Rotorpros and I also can pick up the EBC rotors from Amazon.com for about $400 for all 4. Does anyone else have any input?

Also, a recommended brand of ceramic brake pads? Are the Hawk pads really worth the extra money? What about Bendix brand or the Raybestos New Technology (or whatever they are calling them)? Anyone have any advice, I will gladly take it.

I did search around the forum, but most of the "I got all four rotors for $200" type posts are ebay and no longer valid. All help is appreciated.

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i wouldnt buy a kit....naaa

i would buy everything the best u can afford separate. you pay for what you get.
those hawk brake pads are pretty good by the way.put those all around...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bought some off ebay...slotted/drilled rotors with ceramic pads...OUTSTANDING...paid $240 i think with free shipping...they are the powerstop rotors/pads...i'll be getting some for my wifes altima too

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
why pay thousands for brembo or wilwood brakes when you can get almost the same stopping force with ebay brakes. haha i need brakes soon so i think im going to save up and get ebay brakes.

OP
OP
B

BigDaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Perf...ear:1999|Model:Expedition&hash=item3364905550

these are the same one I put on my expy a little over a year ago and no complaints stopping the 37s or the boat trailer... a 17ft bowrider... so they have been holding up well for me

Thanks for the link, Wingnut! (May I call you Wingnut? LOL) I had been all over Ebay and did not see them. RotorPros got back to me with a $300 offer for 4 rotors and "low dust" pads, which was the best until this one. If they work for your 37's, I'll be good. Thank you, sir!

<heads off to Ebay>

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why pay thousands for brembo or wilwood brakes when you can get almost the same stopping force with ebay brakes. haha i need brakes soon so i think im going to save up and get ebay brakes.

well...powerstop is a reputable brand...cant believe dude couldnt find anything on ebay...oh well...

OP
OP
B

BigDaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...cant believe dude couldnt find anything on ebay...oh well...

Well, I've been looking off and on, especially after reading reviews on here, but without knowing specific sellers, brands, I just kinda got lost with all of the choices, prices, etc. I also really hate to drop money on something from Ebay that doesn't have real world reviews...

Now that Walnuts posted that link, I will be picking them up.