Looking For Suggestions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ChrisJ

ChrisJ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my opinion you would be better off getting a PTM (Paint to Match) grill instead of painting yours. I've seen a few done and as soon as you get a rock chip you see the chrome underneath.

The factory NAV doesnt accept rear view images unless you go the route of a Lockpick or send the unit out to be modified ( $$$ ) I looked into this as I have the factory NAV and rear view camera (which shows up in my rear view mirror) so everything is there but no way to integrate it without going aftermarket.

As for the 2nd row captains chairs, you might want to do a search on converting your bench to captains chairs. The middle seat can be removed and if I remember correctly the armrest holes may already be in the outboard seats. You would need a custom floormat to cover the holes. I think you're gonna have a tough time finding 2nd row captains chairs in the black w/camel inserts you have.

K&N Filter not worth the money on the Expy's (minimal HP and MPG gains)

For a remote start, look into Code Alarm, they make the OEM one for Ford and can be programmed to use your factory remotes.

Post your VIN or PM me and I can let you know for sure about the air suspension.

Good luck,
Matt

I was going to sand the grill down but I have yet to see a place to pick up a painted grill...

The K&N was more for the being able to wash it more then anything...I like to change my air filters with my oil changes...

I actually crawled up under the truck and didnt see any air bags...But here is the vin 1FMFU185X8LA19696...

Ah ok gotcha I didnt know it was in the mirror...That makes it easier...I will have to see about getting an OEM unit...

As far as the middle row I will have to look at that...The wife is taking the truck to the stealership in the AM for an oil change...Im going to have her get a quote for the remote start and back camera as well...

Any suggestion on where to get the arm rests?

Last edited:

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chris,
Yup, No air suspension.
But it does have:
3.73 rear end.
Heavy Duty Tow Pkg
So you're ahead of the game if you ever need to tow.

Did notice that you dont have the power lift gate, correct?

Also, the rearview mirror with camera was only available with the "Convenience Package" which included power adjustable pedals, reverse sensors, homelink garage door opener, and power rear quarter windows. This may have something to do with the wiring harness so adding it after the fact may be costly. You dont have any of these, correct?

Be prepared for costly estimates from the dealer on adding the stuff you want. I think the OEM camera alone goes for over $300 and the mirror goes for over $660 thru Wholesale Ford parts dealers. That doesnt include wiring and installation. I think an aftermarket setup would be alot cheaper.

The OEM PTM grille goes for about $160.

The factory remote start is about $300 + install.

The OEM armrests go for about $160 each and the hinge pins are about $20 each.

*** all prices are from "wholesale" Ford parts vendors, retail prices are considerably higher.****

Might want to start searching ebay for used stuff.

Matt

OP
OP
ChrisJ

ChrisJ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chris,
Yup, No air suspension.
But it does have:
3.73 rear end.
Heavy Duty Tow Pkg
So you're ahead of the game if you ever need to tow.

Did notice that you dont have the power lift gate, correct?

Also, the rearview mirror with camera was only available with the "Convenience Package" which included power adjustable pedals, reverse sensors, homelink garage door opener, and power rear quarter windows. This may have something to do with the wiring harness so adding it after the fact may be costly. You dont have any of these, correct?

Be prepared for costly estimates from the dealer on adding the stuff you want. I think the OEM camera alone goes for over $300 and the mirror goes for over $660 thru Wholesale Ford parts dealers. That doesnt include wiring and installation. I think an aftermarket setup would be alot cheaper.

The OEM PTM grille goes for about $160.

The factory remote start is about $300 + install.

The OEM armrests go for about $160 each and the hinge pins are about $20 each.

*** all prices are from "wholesale" Ford parts vendors, retail prices are considerably higher.****

Might want to start searching ebay for used stuff.

Matt

Yep no power liftgate...I have not really even put mind into adding it either...

Sadly no Convenience Package here...But I can handle the wiring...I work with circuits and such everyday and have done quite a few mustang rewires and conversions...

I have an in for the parts luckily...I still get dealer price at 2 dealerships down in hampton roads as quite a few of my friends at senior masters...The installs on them also wont be a problem as I trade PC and network work for car work to the dealerships and my friends that work in them...

I have been searching ebay the past 2 days and truthfully have found little to nothing...Not sure how deep I want to get into the wifes car as she likes to get a new car every year and if the ecoboost ever gets dropped between the frame rails we will be getting a new one lol