Looking to buy a 2008 Expy EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazygreek89

Reaction score
Hi all -

I've been in the market for buying a new truck/SUV since I sold my '05 Ram Daytona back in 2011. I've been looking at the Expy's and I've found a really nice 08 EB Stone Green Metallic with 44k miles on it. Seller is asking 21k for it. Does that seem like a good price and are there any major items of concern I should be worried about? The seller is about 100 miles from me, so I will be checking the vehicle out next weekend.

I did some searching on this forum and it looks like if I were to go with this one in particular, I shouldn't have to worry about much until 80k miles for the plugs/coils. Have I understood that right?

Any feedback or help is greatly appreciated!

Alex

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is a certain build date that is in 2008 that ford put the better plugs in them I am sure a search on here will give that build date. it sounds like a good deal for the miles seeing where you are from look under it for rust and look at the hatch and hood for the paint bubbling around them.

04DrBlur

Reaction score
In 2008 the better spark plugs have the brown coil boot. Paint bubbling on the hood and rear tailgate are an issue.

OP
OP
C

crazygreek89

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys! So besides the plugs and bubbling, is there anything else I should be looking into or worried about with the 08 Expy's?