marketing tip to the vendors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys,

Just a quick tip from a guy who grew a tiny little business into an national powerhouse (and then drove it into the ground a couple years later lol). You're in a unique position here with a captive audience where you could really generate some decent sales, but you need to get involved in the forum, market your products on a regular basis, offer special deals and generally show your presence. The fact that there hasn't been a post on any of your threads in days (some weeks) is:nono::nono: Just a friendly tip cause I want everyone to succeed. I'm going to post this on each one of your sections. Good luck and :grd:

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fukken wax and the retro shops do not get a bunch of business from us, because we do not have as many members as the Dodge forums, where they get alot of business from. Retro shops does the headlight retrofits and it costs a bit of money, so not everyone gets them done.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've ordered through Fukken. I was suggesting they become more active on the forum in order to promote business.

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
blu hit the nail on the head.

No secret, I'm a Dodge fella - between dual sponsorships on 3-4 sites, moderating 2, admin on 1..........well, time is very precious!

On the wax, it can work on everything - its just odd, the Dodge truck guys snatch it up like its crack - I've been on Dodge car sites, Jeep sites, Ford sites, etc - none come close to the Dodge Truck guys.

As for the lights, yeah - they are not cheap at all. Breaking through the barrier of "JJ's (me) are X and thats 3 times what I see on this set from eBay" - well.......you get what you pay for. I actually have a set of Mitsu lights here that I am doing a halo swap on. Ebay specials...........and the halos suck. The projector in it sucks too.......but hey, again, you get what you pay for.

I have also found it a LOT easier to sell to customers with a new truck. The 2009-2011 Rams.....holy cow, when I sleep I see those lights dancing against my eyelids. 02-05s......not so much (I've done 4 total, where I will be doing 4 of the new ones THIS WEEKEND alone).

Gotta go where the money is. Yes, I'd love to take off here as well, hell, I've even thought about just grabbing a set of Expy lights and having some fun. Show you guys what I can do on YOUR stuff - but........time! :D

On that note.......time to go play some more. I'll be around, don't worry about that!

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Josh I totally hear ya'. I just figure if you hang out a little more on here, participate in some of the thread discussions and generally create a rapport with the users, it'll benefit you in the long run. I can assure you this play will blow up in the next 6 months or so and you'll see 000s added to the members list!

Cheers (=

J

P.S - haven't had a chance to use my fukken wax yet as I can't find any birds to shit on my truck! Hopefully soon lol!!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's cool with me!!! i ordered 4 cans and will be ordering the T-shirt next week...

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no bird shit? oh come on! LOL

Ross - sounds good! :D