Quick marketing suggestion to forum vendors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys,

Just a quick tip from a guy who grew a tiny little business into an national powerhouse (and then drove it into the ground a couple years later lol). You're in a unique position here with a captive audience where you could really generate some decent sales, but you need to get involved in the forum, market your products on a regular basis, offer special deals and generally show your presence. The fact that there hasn't been a post on any of your threads in days (some weeks) is:nono::nono: Just a friendly tip cause I want everyone to succeed. I'm going to post this on each one of your sections. Good luck and :grd:

3rd Strike Performance

Reaction score
Ok, while I agree with that observation, let me make one of my own...I have made several posts on here, asking you guys what you are needing, looking for, etc or if there was simply something I could help you with, and I have gotten very minimal response....A sponsorship of a forum works both ways. The forum members support the sponsor, and the sponsor supports the members........I have been steadily adding parts to our Expedition section as I have time to do so, and have yet to see even one order for anything for an Expedition.....I am not detered by this, just making a note of it. I will continue to put up parts for you guys, and will be offering group purchases for some stuff very soon. Just got to get everything worked out for it...any ideas what your peers would like for a group purchase?

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would start a new thread asking this question. I'm sure theres things out there

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would start a new thread asking this question. I'm sure theres things out there

Agreed. 3rd Strike you're 100% right it should work both ways. This would be an interesting topic to expand on, maybe in the general section?

When I had my business (underwater lighting for commercial and residential waterfront properties) I pounded the forums....fishing forums, boat forums, waterfront living forums...anything to do with water...and generated some nice (and quasi-regular) sales as a result. I personally don't give a crap about Kris-craft boats, but I hung out on their forum, chatted, offered forum only deals, and i got results. My forum prices were always lower than my website retail, and occasionally lower than my MAP for my dealers (which was a little naughty, but I wanted to show these guys I wanted to earn their business). I would often offer group purchases (like 3rd strike just mentioned) and once got a 15k installation in GA from a homeowners association who decided (after reading the forums) to get their residents together and purchase lights in bulk for their condo complex. Sometimes I offered loss-leaders, in that I would make a sale with no profit (or even a loss) in the hopes that, once a couple of the forum members had my product in their hands, they would spread the good word - generating additional sales. All in all my personal opinion is that forum marketing is Gods gift. It's free (normally), you have a captive audience, and you know for certain that every single person who's seeing your marketing campaign or deal or whatever has a NEED for the product you sell...can't go wrong!!!

:pepper: