Misfire issue semi solved but still not running right.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After being a ******** and dumping coolant on my engine out of the thermostat i caused cylinders 5 and 6 to misfire. I then went and cleaned out the two spark plug holes, replaced the plugs, and cleaned the coil packs. The engine now did not misfire but it still doesn't run well. After the engine runs for awhile there is a slight shaking in the normal operation of the engine that gets worse as the engine runs longer but isn't like a huge amount of shaking. I am assuming that i did a bad job cleaning the coils and did not apply di-electric grease. Also my number 6 coil pack isn't tightened down because the thread insert in the manifold stripped so the bolt just spins when i try to either tighten or remove. I am thinking the shaking is caused by poor contact of the number six coil on the plug. The coil pack is free to rotate and angle a bit in its spot. Any thoughts on this? My plan of action is to remove the intake manifold, repair the stripped insert, swap the manifold gasket, change all the plugs, grease the coils, and put everything back together. I also saw that i can get replacement boots with new springs for the coil packs. Should i buy a full set of replacement boots or even just two for the two cylinders that misfired due to having coolant get in the spark plug hole? I had no issues with my truck prior to the ******** coolant mistake and i have 110k on my odometer. I also have the 5.4 L 4x4 expy.