miss firing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snapshot

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you've got this fixed yet, but I had a similar issue with the misfire. One of the best things you can do is swap out the coils to see if they're bad. For example, remove coils #1 and #2 and swap them. Plug them up and start the vehicle. Once the vehicle is running, remove the wire connector that goes into coil 2. If you notice no change in the sound of the engine, then you have a bad coil pack. If nothing happens, then pull the wires out of coil 1. If nothing changes then you have a bad spark plug. I hope this makes enough sense for you do. Turns out for me, I had a bad coil pack on cylinder 6.

Go4Life

Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking COP's too. I recently changed mine and it was doing the same thing you're describing "mille1cw". My dad bought the 1997 Expy back in 2006 and I when I got it I changed the COP's and noticed that they were the original ones from the factory. They were in bad shape.

OP
OP
mille1cw

mille1cw

Reaction score
Took it to my local guy and he did a leak down test on the engine, either bent or burnt valve, either a $2,000 valve job, or a new engine. pretty pissed but looking to sell if anyone wants this truck for real cheap? PM me if you're interested.

Snapshot

Reaction score
I'd get a second opinion on that. If you had a bent valve, I don't believe your vehicle would even start. There's a old trick to seeing if you have a burnt valve, you can stick your hand on the exhaust and if it sucks your hand in then you might have a burnt valve. I would definitely try the swapping coils to see if you can pinpoint two bad coil packs.