Motor went

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matthewm925

Reaction score
I have a 04 expy with 140xxx on it and the motor just went. Looking at roughly $4000 to fix to new or $2000 if i go with a used motor. im looking for any insight into weather or not its worth my time to fix it. If i fix it am i going to keep running into more and more problems down the line? Will it feel the same. what are some things i should look for or be concerned about. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fix it new...maybe cheaper for new engine and all other parts than buying another car or going cheap with used engine...never know what your'll get with used engine...then again...you never know anyway with a used vehicle...so if you're getting it done by a repuable shop and good used engine go ahead...but while theyre at it...get a custom tune/charger/everything else if you can...lol

indcolts18288

Reaction score
Got an '04 here too at 93K and motor feels great. Surprised your motor went at 140K. Good luck

GEORGETOWN

Reaction score
Try LKQ they are so big the government watches them. If they say the motor has only 60k on it then thats what it has!!

plus they give a warranty with everything.

I know a few mechanics use them because of the reputation

http://www.lkqcorp.com/index.aspx

Good luck!

robl110

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any idea why it blew? Sucks at 140k.

OP
OP
M

matthewm925

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys. It turns out it was just a bad mechanic lol guess he didnt really want to deal with it and told me what ever he thought it might be. I almost bought a motor from LKQ too. I got a second opinion before making moves and it was only a bad cat. Saved me thousands.