My 6 month spark plug replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
I only got to pull 1, 2, 5 & 6 but again, #5 was under a layer of moisture and rust was everywhere in the spark plug hole.
#1 and 2 had corrosion on the hex with a bit a moisture #2.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Any ideas about all the moisture and corrosion? Those plugs are six months old.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it was just on the hex and the portion just below it, I would say it's likely just environment (ocean air, northern winters, etc.). With that amount of moisture/corrosion down in the spark plug wells though I would be looking at the head gasket, manifold, and block itself. Sorry if I missed this in any previous threads, but any other symptoms of a larger problem?

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
If it was just on the hex and the portion just below it, I would say it's likely just environment (ocean air, northern winters, etc.). With that amount of moisture/corrosion down in the spark plug wells though I would be looking at the head gasket, manifold, and block itself. Sorry if I missed this in any previous threads, but any other symptoms of a larger problem?

That is all feasible but I'm in Dallas/FtWorth so the environmental issues shouldn't be a variable.
I will explore the gasket/crack option (unfortunately).