My 98 before and after...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lane24--
What size wheels/tires?
2" Torsion Twist and 2" spring spacers in the rear?
Where did you get the spacers and what brand?
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm thinking about doing the same!

OP
OP
Lane24

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
The rims are just 16x8 American Racing Baja's, I should have gone with 16 x 10's and the tires are just 265/75's. ( should have gone with 285's). i think that's why the 2 inch lift looks bigger, cuz with the smaller rims/ tires combo it gives a little more space in the wheel well.

The spacers are just the metal ones you can find on ebay when you search for "Expedition coil spacers" I think they were like $50 or something. They just look like metal hockey pucks from the side.
Hope this helps.

mikegigabyte

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lane 24 you avatar isnt showing up on the site, it has no pic but looks like a link to a pic. May want to fix it unless it was done on purpose. Like the torsion lift, did it on my old explorer years ago.

OP
OP
Lane24

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
I hate to admit this, but I actually paid a mechanic to do it. I don't have a coil compressor, and the guy that has a muffler and alignment shop down the road from my house loves doing stuff like that, so I paid him to do it for me. It took him like just over half an hour to do it and he just charged me like $70 cdn or something. The spacers were $50 on ebay so pretty cheap lift...

OP
OP
Lane24

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Lane 24 you avatar isnt showing up on the site, it has no pic but looks like a link to a pic. May want to fix it unless it was done on purpose. Like the torsion lift, did it on my old explorer years ago.

Thanks man, haven't been around in a while. Noticed my avatar too. Just deleted it. Some of my other pics were missing too, so I added them back in.

OP
OP
Lane24

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
How big of a tire can you clear with a 2 inch?

Mine are about the equivalent of a 32 inch tire, and there is a hella lot of room there. 33's for sure ( or whatever like a 285/75/16 or something) and to go up to a 305/75 or whatever is close to a 35 inch tire, I'm pretty sur the TT and spacers are going to need a 3 inch body lift to go along with it. But hopefully someone else will chime in.

I just find that sometimes a small lift looks bigger with a slightly shorter tire.. You know, like a little air between the rubber and the fender to give it that more lifted look? The less air there and your truck just looks kinda stock again. My Explorer had a 5 inch lift , but only 31's instead of 33's and it looked way bigger than my buddy's with the same lift and 33 inch tires...

Just my opinion.... But don't think I wouldn't stick 33's on in a heart beat. At the time I bought tires the 32's were just cheaper. And I'm cheap!!!