My Black Beast went over on its side in the snow, new Expy time please read.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I've had pretty good experiences with my Fords. Of course after 150,000 miles some repairs began sneaking up, many a result of New York rust. They've all gone 250,000+ miles without engine or transmission work. The railroad I worked for had a fleet of them which were pretty trouble free despite absurd abuse too. When I retires I took my 2000 with me and put another 150,000 miles on it.

Probably the wrong place to ask, but has anyone here had comparable experiences with Tahoes and Suburbans? How do they hold up?

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And you probably waited until the fuel pump totally quit ......just sayin':)

Why wouldn’t he? Very few people are going to be looking for signs of an impending fuel pump failure. At the top of the list of things to leave a person stranded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had pretty good experiences with my Fords. Of course after 150,000 miles some repairs began sneaking up, many a result of New York rust. They've all gone 250,000+ miles without engine or transmission work. The railroad I worked for had a fleet of them which were pretty trouble free despite absurd abuse too. When I retires I took my 2000 with me and put another 150,000 miles on it.

Probably the wrong place to ask, but has anyone here had comparable experiences with Tahoes and Suburbans? How do they hold up?

I know a few folks with the 07+ GM products. I like the looks and the seats are comfortable but the active fuel management issues in the 5.3, less towing, non fold flat seats, weaker transmissions and rear ends are issues. Every make has something. Some of them have well into the 200s though and are still going strong. I don’t think a person can go horribly wrong with either the third gen FoMo/GM products but like anything prior care is the key.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t he? Very few people are going to be looking for signs of an impending fuel pump failure. At the top of the list of things to leave a person stranded.

It was on the top of my list. They warn you first so why push it and get yourself stranded?