National Backorder on Bilstein 5100s. Looking hard at Eibachs equivalent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I figured something was up a couple weeks back when every retailer I could find bumped the F150 front 5100s to $143 each from $115.
I found 4wheelparts had them for $120 and had a 5% promo code. They also have a brick and mortar store I have been wanting to check out. So I ordered and chose in store pick up.
They called a bit later saying they are on national back order and I had 39 folks in front of me and they have no clue when they will see any.
I contacted a bunch of other folks today and seems most everyone drop ships and found zero in stock.
Came across the Eibachs for $220 a pair. If you want new Springs that’s another $144 and an extra .75” of lift. So 2.75”
Eibach makes good stuff. I figure I am saving for the ICONs so these won’t be on forever.
My rear is shot and has to be replaced ASAP. I have my rear Bilstein 4600s, readylift rear spacers, and 33” tires in the garage.
Would prefer Bilsteins all the way around but with no solid delivery date I am inclined to pick these up.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could try rear Ranchos

Or wait, you need fronts? Confusing...

Also, wrong generation forum

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure how I ended up in here.
Any way to get this moved

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have owned a lot of different shocks on my jeeps but I have never been that fond of the bilsteins, always felt the ride was stiff and a little more harsh. Maybe on a 5k+ SUV it mellows them out though.

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have owned a lot of different shocks on my jeeps but I have never been that fond of the bilsteins, always felt the ride was stiff and a little more harsh. Maybe on a 5k+ SUV it mellows them out though.

That is part of the rub for a higher quality and better performing shock. They are going to be a bit more harsh.
Don’t have many options for these rigs unfortunately and Bilstein is by far the best quality available (kind of).

But I got lucky. I called the shop where I placed my order to inquire about the Eibachs and he said he needed to check with another store.
He called back stating someone at the other store had ordered the Bilsteins awhile back but never came to pick them up.
So they are on the way to me!!!

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3rd Gen is where I thought I was when posted.

I ended up getting lucky and a different store actually had a set that someone had ordered but never came to pick up so they are on the way to me.

Oddly enough my brother asked if I would help do the shocks and stuts on his Honda Pilot.
The Bilstein B4 and B6 were both on national back order as a couple sites told me.