Need help with performance chip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueoval76

Reaction score
So what do you do if there is no non-ethenol gas stations close? Would it not be worth it? Like I had already stated I am getting 200 miles to 22 gallons and that is with an 87 tune on the superchips and 85% easy driving. I am thinking about going back to stock once since I feel it got better mileage before I did any tuning. Just trying to justify spending $400 on a tuner after I already spent $125 on the one I have. : )

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
What I have noticed is that the performance is not as snappy and I loose some per gallon...

Sir.Gregory

Reaction score
LoL.. go figure I wait till the Friday before Christmas to call Edge and they are closed for the rest of the Holiday... Oh well.. guess I'll wait till next year then :p

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A little off subject, but my recent 4000 mile journey through Tx, Ak, Tn, Va, Wv, and Pa I returned some quite different milage returns. The tanks in Pa, Va and Tn returned averages of 17-18 mpg and the tanks of Tx and Ak returned milage of 15-16 mpg. All of these numbers were running blended fuels and the HyperTech 87 tune. Blends must really vary from state to state. All was interstate driving with the cruise set at 72 mph. Wonder what ethanol free fuel would give me if I would have found it. Ironically, I found BP to be the best during the trip at 18.2 mpg.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Thats why ethanol or E85 is cheaper....you use almost twice as much to go the same distance...

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats why ethanol or E85 is cheaper....you use almost twice as much to go the same distance...

Yeah, the 2 mpg difference between tanks may not sound like much, but loosing 50 miles in range forced me to stop at least an additional 1 1/2 times during our journey or better yet, $125 extra in fuel cost!

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well im not really noticing much for city milage like i said ill check the highway milage sunday aka xmas... im averaging 12 city which is what i got with 91 pre tuner. so for me the milage hasnt changed yet and the milage on my truck and pump showed 12mpg with driving most the day around town... edge said 17.8 and yes i resey the edge today the same time i reset truck so for some reason the edge is calculating very differently from truck and pump.

yes its peppy but thats only difference i have noticed so far and im using a very light foot... cruising 35-40 even truck says 13-14 mpg but once you pull into a parking lot shut it off restart it and drive 4-5 miles and repeat milage just keeps going down.

where you getting 9-10 mpg city in tn? i noticed tn city driving was very different from az lot less stop lights etc. we got 13 mpg city while living in tn. clarksville tn to be exact and in ripley tn.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i did however paint the pod and mount it paint wasnt a perfect match but close enough for government work when i find camera ill take pics

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Sorry I missed your call today....got most of my reading from when i lived in Michigan driving around the city with stop and go...shit here in TN where I live, everywhere you go is mostly freeway.....Now I had found a gas station in smyrna that advertised 100% gas...my mileage dropped today when I calculated my MPG's was 13.8 which sucks for me....so just down the street is a little habibi station here in redneck country that sell 100% gas..I filled up with premium and put a 100 miles on tonight and got 100 miles to the first 1/4 tank and the truck is more snappy then with the last tank from the other station... actually kinda surprised me when i hit the gas and it jumped...So, I dont know where the overhead console gets its readings from but you cant much more into the computer than the odbll port....how are shifts..much crisper? The other thing i have been watching on mine is that with this cooler weather its only running at 182 to 186 degrees....should be a steady 192...so im wondering if im running to cool...

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
crap i was tryin to update edge didnt realize you were still awake call me back if you are

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger