Need help with re-angling headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevinw2345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys i am new here. I have a 98 ford Expedition Eddie Bauer with the clips to remove the headlights. I am having a problem with my headlights though they are pointed downward and i need to angle them up more but cant figure out how to. I know regular cars have the screw but not these ones lol. I just got HIDS for my truck and have the brightness but absolutely no distance only like 15 feet infront of the truck. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys.

IAExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have a pic at the moment, but there are two tuners that stick out into the engine bay, the two that are just bare metal. I had to use a vice grip to realign mine. I believe the top one does up/down and the bottom one does left/right. Should all be in your users manual or haynes manual if you have one.

Scottandtyson210

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The pieces that you lock into place with the clips are your adjusters, you need a tool to reach the bottom ones with the headlights installed, but the top one you can reach and turn with vise grips, you can also pull them out to get to the bottom ones and just re install.

OP
OP
kevinw2345

kevinw2345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks both of you, i tried turning them but the whole screw turns, will try it installed. Nothing in the owners manual just how to install them. I really appreciate the help guys, first time owning a expedition and i love it. Just got home and was going 130 km/h down the highway sooooooooo smoooooth lol

OP
OP
kevinw2345

kevinw2345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i got it figured out. Had to take the light out and hold the plastic piece with a pair of pliers and a socket to turn the screw. They look alot better now that they are aimed right.