Need new tires, need suggestions plz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Room!

I have a question, hope someone could inform me. I did a search but didnt get the answer I was looking for.

I need to get a set of 4 new tires for my 2000 expy. I currently have a set of Goodrich Rugger Trail T/A KO tires that came with the truck. They are some real beefy tires that looked great, but now they're practically slicks lol.

I was looking to get a set of Goodyear Wrangler HP tires. Reviews say they are a nice solid tire. Also saw the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A. These are a little cheaper but have mixed reviews. I see them on a lot of Ford vehicles.

Im basically looking for a decent, affordable set of new rubber that gives a quiet comffy ride. I dont do off-road stuff but it be nice if the opportunity presented itself. Mostly city/highway driving

Can anyone give me a couple of suggestions?

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife has rugged trail tires on her f150. - she's all highway driving,
But I've ran thru decent mud with them and am impressed. Good ride, too!

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree with cooper tires they have several tires that will fit your needs, the nokian vativa is also built in the usa

the cooper atr and at3 are solid tires

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2nd set of Michelin LTX/MS2; best ride compared to the OEM Goodyear Wranglers that came on her.

Sure you've been to tirerack.com and checked all the comparison data?

PanHandler.

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let us know what you do and the final cost. I'm in the market for some for my stock 16" rims and have been holding out (trying to avoid spending the $ !)

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought some khumos for my expedition. They have high ratings and are inexpensive. Just check tirerack.Com

Edit: just saw you already bought some.

Last edited: