Need Rear Break line Diagram plz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kermit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, so now that the charging issue seems to be fixed, now my rear break line has sprung a leak. Anyone have a technical drawing/diagram for a 99 expy non load leveling, 4wd, 4.6L, non air ride, rear left wheel break line schematic? I'm having a heck of a time finding anything via Google image search :(

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably will not find the info you are looking for. Most shops will bend replacement lines as needed.

OP
OP
Kermit

Kermit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's not exactly why I'm looking for one stamp, I'm looking for how and what the lines are going into and out of the cube just off the frame in line with the caliper. that make sense? Looks like my leak is in the line coming out of the top of that cube.

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
from the cube, just follow the line going to the left rear then do the same with the other that is longer going to the other side

the steel lines will join up with flex lines that go to either a caliper or wheel cyl

should be able to figure it out just getting underneath and having a look

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there's also a link on this site that goes to a library and online factory manual that would have the diagram, but couldn't find it with a quick search

i was under mine & wasn't hard to figure out the lines though i think the long one going to the pax side runs on top of a frame crossmember, so it won't be visible from below

are your sure the leak is back there?

i had a leak and pinpointed it by where it was leaking in the driveway

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1024758-fixed-99-xp-rusted-rear-brake-lines.html

edit - found it
http://www.expeditionforum.com/f42/service-manual-13028/#post91127

Last edited:

HarveyCat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK - so out of the blue my brake pedal is really soft and just goes to floor. I check the Brake fluid level and it is a whole bottle low. After adding fluid all seems fine -- I drive it around -- park it but now this morning pedal is very soft again -- but I can now hear an air sucking sound from the back area of my truck. So I go out and find this leak (see video below) and it really gushing leak - well OK but it is a steady dripping leak right by my muffler on the passenger side. (Please see link to my video below)

I have a 2002 Eddie Bauer 5.4L 200,000 -- any advice...

Best Video of leaking Break Line

View My Video

Last edited:

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you need to fix the leak/replace the line, or part of it then bleed the brakes

on my 98, the main line front to back runs down the left side so that leak would be at the wheel to wheel rear end lines, likely at or near the right wheel flex hose area,

shoul be able to find exactly where there, don't get any bf in your eyes

Last edited: