Need security ideas to prevent theft = no full coverage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, i agree. I have full coverage. I still worry cuz i love my truck and couldnt like any one elses more then mine but still. I have allstate. If i were you i would make the car alarm ****** noises. That way people who normally ignore standard car alarms usually dont pay attention ever so your truck is screwed. Now, if they start hearing ******* coming from the parking lot, that will turn heads.

OP
OP
71Rcode

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for all the ideas, everyone. My insurance company is Geico -- and I added the Expedition through the Geico website and full coverage wasn't an option. I'll call them and check it out. Sorry for jumping to conclusions that we all only carried liability coverage...

Some really good ideas above. Thanks to everyone that responded with one. Keep them coming. Especially interested in any of the low-buck measures (hidden toggle to kill the ignition/fuel supply). Of course, that doesn't prevent it from being towed/flat bedded away.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
71Rcode, I have geico and I have full coverage on my 97. Give them a call and see what they say.

Whack

Full Access Members
Reaction score
71Rcode -

A lot of times websites for insurance companies don't have setups for all insurance policy items...

My insurance company can write a policy on the family members '92 F150 I might be buying, but they do need to check a few things as part of underwriter review...

long and complicated story short... they just need to get actual humans to all ok it... Normally a regular human rep can do it in 30 minutes tops...

Oh and for security noting beats a country raised, CCW armed buddy to watch your truck, gets little expensive, but worth it.

Last edited:

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can get full coverage on anything..atleast in my state with the company's i have delt with.

i'm debating on buying a flat rate policy. we have them on our calssic cars. pay whatever it is to insure it for a dollar amount that does not change. so say you want to have full coverage and you dont agree with blue book, you can say i want $8000 in coverage. so if its totaled you get a check for $8k rather then book vaule.

i wish i had this when my show truck was totaled last year. i got 1/4 what i had into it. :(

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
****** noise...for alarm...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!! PRICELESS!!! do a video

bar422

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have full coverage on my 2001 XLT........definitely check around on insurance.

OP
OP
71Rcode

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will do on the full coverage -- I'll call Geico and see what they say. I'll just need to determine if the premium hike is worth it (based on what they value the Expedition at in case of a total loss). Guess that's the downside of owning an awesome vehicle when it's at a rock bottom TMV. And I've also have "stated value" policies on my classic cars (all sold/gone now....expedition is my new "project").

For you guys with full coverage, any idea on how much $$ you're receive in the event of a total loss?

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do what i do. Leave all my guns in plain sight and tape a little note to the steering wheel saying if you touch my baby, I will find you...

flyin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the coded key pretty much prevents them from starting unless you have a remote start. How about a doberman tied to the bumper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt