New 2015 Expedition 4x4 Owner Flat Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol, it's ok. I already went down the sync path when looking to see about CarPlay options. ads was right on about the flat towing sequence. I have tried it several times and it goes into neutral tow mode easily. Foolproof actually. Nice engineering Ford. One of the few manufacturers to actually give us an electronic transfer case neutral option. I've been a Toyota guy for most of my driving years so this is a step out of the box for me. So far, I'm thrilled. As for the cup holder lighting, I indeed have the ambient lighting with multiple color choices in Sync. I can see the plastic ring that's supposed to light up. My truck has 63K miles on it but I have an extended warranty that goes to 124,000 miles so I'll be taking it into Ford as soon as I get some free time. It took them two hours just to get it washed last time I was there so I have to basically make sure I have a partial day free.

Thanks for the props on the rubber. I love KO2's. Incredibly tough, long wearing tire that's amazingly quiet for the amount of off-road traction it offers. My Land Cruiser was downright boring to drive in the snow with KO2's. The Expedition on the other hand is an animal. I made the mistake of disabling traction control and giving it full throttle yesterday on an empty road around a turn from a stop...got a little sideways with my 6,000 lb SUV. I'm duly impressed. I can say without a doubt I will not be getting the advertised MPG.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can say without a doubt I will not be getting the advertised MPG.
I have a lead foot too and the EcoBoost is just some much fun to get on it. I like beating Chevy's off the line at traffic lights. It's really no competition. :) The best I've seen so far is a 17 MPG average on a long trip.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a lead foot too and the EcoBoost is just some much fun to get on it. I like beating Chevy's off the line at traffic lights. It's really no competition. :) The best I've seen so far is a 17 MPG average on a long trip.

Andy This makes me laugh because I drive the same way. The GMC Denalis just walk away from me in everything even the powerstroke.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy This makes me laugh because I drive the same way. The GMC Denalis just walk away from me in everything even the powerstroke.

So Expy’s are faster than Yukon Denalis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Denalis have the 6.2. They are FAST! I can beat them though now...HyperTech 87 tune. Raced my friend last night to 45 in his Denali, walked him. Not a slaughter, but solid win.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denalis have the 6.2. They are FAST! I can beat them though now...HyperTech 87 tune. Raced my friend last night to 45 in his Denali, walked him. Not a slaughter, but solid win.

Bahaha nice represent Ford. I can't win in my truck against them. The 6.7 lags quite a bit off the line it's more comparable the the 5.4 than the 6.2 on acceleration. This will beat the Denali. I’m putting a first gen raptor on my wanted vehicles list.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bahaha nice represent Ford. I can't win in my truck against them. The 6.7 lags quite a bit off the line it's more comparable the the 5.4 than the 6.2 on acceleration. This will beat the Denali. I’m putting a first gen raptor on my wanted vehicles list.

The 6.7’s lag is mostly the electronic throttle. That has been proven by the aftermarket many times.