New 2015 Expedition 4x4 Owner Flat Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Likely not. Gospel music. I'm a nobody honestly. But I love what I do and get paid well to do it so it's a win win. Flat towing the EL for the first time this coming Sunday headed from Texas to California...

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Flat towed the EL for 1,000 miles now. No problems whatsoever. So easy to put transfer case into flat tow mode. Really really happy with my setup. Awesome engineering on this front Ford:
4cbfecb5e1d12a60c10e7a9c9e169d23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you flat tow I am assuming the mileage does not show up on the Expy?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gospel music, eh? Never quite understood what the point of that was.... oh well, if it pays the bills why not

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, ignition is turned off so miles do not rack up thankfully. Did notice tonight when I unhooked that the steering was pulling hard to the left. But after driving around for a while it fixed itself. Almost felt like the steering needed to recalibrate. Weird.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, ignition is turned off so miles do not rack up thankfully. Did notice tonight when I unhooked that the steering was pulling hard to the left. But after driving around for a while it fixed itself. Almost felt like the steering needed to recalibrate. Weird.

These trucks have electronic steering not hydraulic so if you turn the wheel from stop to stop it will recalibrate the center point.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok that's what I'll do from now on. I knew they were electronic just didn't know the recalibration sequence so I did exactly what you just mentioned: rack to rack and it did seem to fix it.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok that's what I'll do from now on. I knew they were electronic just didn't know the recalibration sequence so I did exactly what you just mentioned: rack to rack and it did seem to fix it.

If you ever notice when you are driving with a cross wind and you have to hold the wheel into the wind after a while you have to hold it with less pressure because the system realizes what you are doing and takes away a lot of the effort you having to turn the wheel into the wind.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you ever notice when you are driving with a cross wind and you have to hold the wheel into the wind after a while you have to hold it with less pressure because the system realizes what you are doing and takes away a lot of the effort you having to turn the wheel into the wind.

That would be nice to have. The hydrolic isn’t that smart.