New 2015 Expedition 4x4 Owner Flat Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a BIIIG motorhome. Looks very nice. I thought it was turbo lag on the diesel because it does catch flies when it does. Can’t really find much on eliminating it from reading other than chips and such. I bet if I raced it and the expy side by side to 60 the expy wins simply due to off the line lag.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice coach! I saw your posts about flat towing it and wondered why you are using a trailer if you can flat tow? I guess it saves your tires. Btw, whenever I refer to my coach as a bus it's not a misnomer lol. It was actually a 50 seat charter bus with a stainless steel restroom in the rear at one time:

IMG_1338.JPG

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That’s a BIIIG motorhome. Looks very nice. I thought it was turbo lag on the diesel because it does catch flies when it does. Can’t really find much on eliminating it from reading other than chips and such. I bet if I raced it and the expy side by side to 60 the expy wins simply due to off the line lag.
http://www.jmschip.com/pedalmax-2011-2015-ford-vehicles/

That will work on your 6.7...and will take A LOT of that lag out without increasing power.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What will this do for the Expedition, or maybe the question is how does it work to remove the turbo lag?

I really dislike that they use the term “Turbo Lag” in there website write up. Most of the from stop lag/delay, is because of an intentional programming by Ford. All modern Fords have electronic throttles, as in your right foot pushes a pedal which tells a computer to do stuff. There is delay there intentionally to help maintain traction and give a smooth takeoff. Some vehicles have a sport setting that decreases that. Ours do not.

Pedal Max, and other devices like that remove/decrease that electronic delay. JMS actually gives you an adjustment knob so you can vary/tune how aggressive the throttle is.

Basically it demands action from the computer quicker, so you are in boost faster, but without increasing boost and power. Just takes the delay out.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really dislike that they use the term “Turbo Lag” in there website write up. Most of the from stop lag/delay, is because of an intentional programming by Ford. All modern Fords have electronic throttles, as in your right foot pushes a pedal which tells a computer to do stuff. There is delay there intentionally to help maintain traction and give a smooth takeoff. Some vehicles have a sport setting that decreases that. Ours do not.

Pedal Max, and other devices like that remove/decrease that electronic delay. JMS actually gives you an adjustment knob so you can vary/tune how aggressive the throttle is.

Basically it demands action from the computer quicker, so you are in boost faster, but without increasing boost and power. Just takes the delay out.
That's pretty cool. How would that work with that tuner that you posted in a different thread. Would they work together or against each other?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. How would that work with that tuner that you posted in a different thread. Would they work together or against each other?

LMS and Hypertech already decrease/remove that delay. The Hypertech gives you some adjustment, with 5 options on how aggressive the throttle is, Stock, Street, Performance, and Tow. My Aggressive tune from LMS, for my Edge is like it’s stock Sport setting from the factory, Sport with Aggressive loaded is like a hyperactive teenager. I expect LMS could do the same on the Expedition.

The advantage to the Pedalmax is a more responsive throttle, less “Lag”, but without more peak power. Pedalmax is designed to work also with JMS’s other product BoostMax which NASCAR Mike is going to try. BoostMax fools the computer in to demanding more boost, and Pedal Max takes out the electronic throttle delay. They compliment each other.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As I read J's posts about the delay...I was wondering if his TB could be recalibrated as we can do on my little two seater car. When I notice it "go soft", I just calibrate it and it leaps off the line again...guess Ford is using a resistor setup?

jeff

BTW guys....Gas mileage up to average-since-new= 17.9 with over 25K as of a week or so ago!!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As I read J's posts about the delay...I was wondering if his TB could be recalibrated as we can do on my little two seater car. When I notice it "go soft", I just calibrate it and it leaps off the line again...guess Ford is using a resistor setup?

jeff

BTW guys....Gas mileage up to average-since-new= 17.9 with over 25K as of a week or so ago!!

It is all electronic, and computer controlled. The Pedal Max just modifies the signal going from the TPS(Throttle Position Sensor) to the ECM.