New 275/70-18 tires for my 07 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDuncan

Reaction score
I got my new tires put on tonight. Took a before and after pic for those that are interested. Went with Cooper Discoverer A/T3's in LT275/70-18. Was a nice step up from the stock P255/70-18 Goodyears that were on it when I bought it. No rubbing on anything so far and fits nicely in the wheel wells.

Before:
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 0326141831.jpg
    0326141831.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 925
  • 0326141946.jpg
    0326141946.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,296
Last edited:

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks really nice. Any noticeable differences in performance, ride, mileage?
What made you go with the Coopers (our Expy has the crap scorpions, and my F150 could use a little larger). Considering Coopers or Duratracs. I have always put LTX MS/2's on the family ride, but want something more aggressive looking for the truck. They are both 2wd.

OP
OP
J

JDuncan

Reaction score
I went with a load rated tire so the ride is rougher. Feels more like a driving a truck. It isn't that harsh to be honest. Just not as soft as it was with the P metrics on there. I'll need to get more time before I can tell you how it effects the mileage. I tend not to daily it as I have a 60 mile round trip commute. I expect it to go down as I went with a tire that is both taller and heavier. I was averaging 16MPG mixed/mostly city before. I'll update once I have some data.

I went with the Cooper because I had previously had the same model/different size on my old H3. They wore well, handled well, and looked good to boot. That experience led me to repeat. It is no where near as aggressive looking as the duratrac. I looked at them but my bad luck with Goodyears lead me not to go that route.

Edmund K

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From one Dark Copper metallic owner to another, that is a nice set up! I've been looking for pics of this exact size tire on our model year to see how much difference it would make, and you were kind enough to show how good it can look! Happy motoring, and thanks for sharing!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only difference is the tire is wider...255 compared to 275...rest of the tire ratio is the same...still 70 which is the height of the tire on an 18 inch rim...