New 275/70-18 tires for my 07 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only difference is the tire is wider...255 compared to 275...rest of the tire ratio is the same...still 70 which is the height of the tire on an 18 inch rim...

Not always it dependes on the brand I have a set of 285/70/r17 kelly atr and 315/70/r17 bf goodrich and the Goodrich are an 1in taller both have about the same thread.

Edmund K

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually, according to the tire size calculator,255x70xR18-275x70xR18.png

you should have almost a 1/2 inch taller tire. The height number is a ratio to the width, so you're gaining width and height too.
*I am not a tire expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night

expydude

Reaction score
Just ordered a set of these for mine. Went with stock size and load rating. Hope they were worth the money

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i thought stock size for the 18s was 275/76r18?

I am considering LT-E rated tires too. Just having a hard time deciding if thats what i want. I was running 305/40r22 cooper zeon ltz on 22" before. But moving back down to 18s now. I emailed cooper and they tell me that C or E rated AT3 on 18's will get me a ride that would be similar to my previous 22s

expydude

Reaction score
Stock size is 275/65r18 114t load and speed rating. I didn't see a need in error rated tires if the stock ones weren't enough for the vehicle ford wouldn't be able to sell it with em

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stock size is 275/65r18 114t load and speed rating. I didn't see a need in error rated tires if the stock ones weren't enough for the vehicle ford wouldn't be able to sell it with em

most people go LT rated tires for other reasons, like durability. There is nothing wrong with the P rated tires, but i do find the expedition to be a bit squishy around corners etc. It did a lot better when i ran lower profile tires on 22" wheels.

I'm considering stock size but higher rated. I have a TON of pot holes around this area. I have 2 dented rims where 1 cracked (22"). My previous cars have had multiple bubbles on side walls, bent rims etc. LT rated tires hold up a lot better to potholes.

expydude

Reaction score
I know what that's like I've bent a wheel and cracked one on my old truck with 20s a few years back. It sucks having to buy a new wheel because the road hasn't been fixed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tan Khai Nguyen