New Brake Pad Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveplot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I WISH my dealer would care enough to do that.

wkohler, would you mind letting me know the name of your dealer? I'm going to gather up some posts and fax it down to the sales manager to try to get help from him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Originally posted by daveplot
I WISH my dealer would care enough to do that.

wkohler, would you mind letting me know the name of your dealer? I'm going to gather up some posts and fax it down to the sales manager to try to get help from him.

My dealer did them for me too, we just had to say that they squeeked ;)

The new pads are great, no more excessive dusting!

OP
OP
G

I did not have any luck with the Houston area dealers nor could I find any of the suggested pads to eleviate dust on my 03'. However I did find some ceramics offered by Autozone (special order) for about $45.00. The brand was Morse, had not heard of them but two days later and about 1.5 hrs for the install I am relatively dust free. I am getting more dust on the rears(not offered yet) than on the front, which ain't bad. About Six weeks use, definately much happier now, so is the misses(which is important).

The job as a do-it-yourselfer isn't hard but very dirty, all of that dust gets caked on the calibers.

For the price and results, it was not a bad solution.

Spoonman

Keep on Fishin!:)

OP
OP
G

Just an update to my new pads. I now have 1800 miles on them and no problems. If anybody is looking to getting the new pads, I would highly suggest to do so.

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Morse Brake Pads

Spoonman

Do you have a part number for that Morse brake pad from Autozone?

I called my local Autozone (California) and they gave me the following part number

934C

but also said that it's not available to them for this region - so again, no ceramic brake pads for the '03 EXPY.

So, it sounds like some Autozone stores can get it and some can't. Why is that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Well, Ted Britt Ford performed the swap for the new pads and what a HUGE difference, I am very happy, although I did have to pay $ 350.00 to have it done. They discounted the labor by about $ 150.00 according to the service manager. I am not happy with Ford that I had to pay for this, I have hung onto my receipt in case there is a recall.
If you are thinking about doing the swap, I would reccommend that you bite the bullet and do it.

djeuch

Reaction score
Brake pads, rotors, and finally resolution

Interesting experience with my '03 Expy...

I've been complaining about the brake dust and squeaking brakes since we got the truck 2 years ago... at 15,000 miles they "inspected" everything and said we had 60% of the OEM pads left, and the squeaking was normal. Additionally, the truck always shakes at 70 MPH... "Could not reproduce" was the answer (it's OBVIOUS!)

Anyway, I did my own oil change at 20k, and everything looked the same.. besides, they were 60% at 15k.

25k miles, and screech, crunch... the pads wore on ONE edge and went into the rotors.

Complained to the dealership... They don't warranty the brakes, so they say, but finally negotiated 20% off the parts.

$480 later, new pads and rotors, and they don't squeak, and don't make as much brake dust... but why the **** did I have to pay for it?

Now, the tires... Continentals... never liked them. Finally, they "reproduced" my issue and measured "excessive road force" on the tires... I got 4 brand new (continental again) tires at 25k miles... truck is smooth as silk now.

So, in conclusion, pay an extra $500 for the car new, and it finally performs as it should have when it was new in the first place.

This is probably the last Ford we'll own. (F/L/M)... my other car is a Volvo S60R, and although Ford owns them as part of PAG, I will continue with the Volvos!

T0DD

Reaction score
I bought my new/used (16,000 miles) 2004 Expedition and found out right away that I had the old brake pads. It's not hard to notice on 22" chrome wheels.

I went back to the dealer and raised a huge stink about it. I explained that it's not like the salesman was advertising that they had the old brake pads on it nor did I know it was an issue. After a lengthy battle and talking to the General Sales Manager we agreed that they would give me brand new brake pads (the upgraded ones) and I would do the install myself.

I took my sweet time and washed each wheel completely so I could monitor the new brake dust and it took me about 2 hours or so to swap all brake pads, front and rear.

Now that I've had them on for nearly 1 week I can tell you that it has made a HUGE difference. I wouldn't go paying big money for someone else to put them on. I would go to your dealer and try and get them to at LEAST sell them to you at their cost. My dealer said their cost was $160 for all pads. I was lucky and got them to buy my pads for me.

This is a MUST have upgrade. You will not be disappointed if you upgrade to the new pads.

Good luck.

dburanich

Reaction score
Does anyone know what material these pads are made of. I drive quite a bit with my window down. Just makes me wonder how much of this brake dust I am inhaling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt