New Expy Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white50

Reaction score
My wife thinks the overall ride on our new 2004 Expedition is rough, and I agree. Our 2000 XLT was really smooth. The new independent suspension provides great handling, but I feel every road irregularity. Replaced the Contis with new Michelin Cross
Terrains that I filled to 32PSI. Any suggestions? Are there any coil-over replacements?

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think you should try replacing the shocks with an aftermarket shock first. Also, getting a smaller rim size with a larger profile tire will help to absorb bumps in the road.

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hear that replacing those shocks is big money for labor.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my '98, it took me about 2 hours to do all shocks. This included jacking and removing the wheels. I do not see that it would be much different on the later models, assuming that it does not have air suspension.

There are several aftermarket shock manufacturers to choose from, buttry Rancho 9000's with the adjustable firmness feature. I have heard many good things from those who have installed them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT