New guy and new to Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XMan

Reaction score
New to Ford I should say as well! After 45 years of driving this will be my first purchase of a Ford vehicle.
A Expedition Limited EL. Need the cargo space and after looking at Suburbans, Yukons and Expedition the Expedition won out.

Here is a pic.

354bf2cb-2e25-48b3-8cbd-547fa09261c0.jpg

:D Yep I buy all my vehicles salvaged titled. Good friends of mine own a body shop and do all the repairs for me. It's a 2016 Limited EL 4X4 with 5300 miles on it. I saved at least $12,000 over what I could buy off the dealer lot for the same vehicle that had 15000 more miles on it.

This must be about the tenth vehicle we have purchased this way over the years. Our kids have all purchased the same way although they have all gone to dealers for new purchases as they are not patient enough to find the right vehicle on auction at the right price and then wait for the repairs.

Looking forward to becoming a member of the Expedition family and following the forum!

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck with that one! Salvage title means it was considered totaled, right? You'll need a good buffer for that one!

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Good luck man! That looks like its going to be a nightmare to repair and get 100% again

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum XMan. I'd love to see pictures of it as it goes through its restoration. Good luck with it. I love my 17 and if they can get it right for you, I know you will love yours.

OP
OP
X

XMan

Reaction score
Yes salvaged title means totaled by the insurance company. My friends who own the shop love these kind of repairs. This is just cosmetic damage to them. first thing we did was put it on the lift and the frame never got touched. Everything looks brand new underneath as it should with only 5300 miles on it. I'd like to see the car that hit it though. Notice the trailer hitch in the picture. That must have went all the way through the motor block of the car!

It doesn't take much to total a vehicle these days given the cost of parts. My friend was glad to see no air bags were deployed. Very expensive to replace and often times is what causes insurance companies to total out a vehicle.

Looking forward to getting it back after repairs. I will try to get some pics of the repair process and post them here. Expecting it to be done next month. They work on it in between insurance work.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to getting it back after repairs. I will try to get some pics of the repair process and post them here. Expecting it to be done next month. They work on it in between insurance work.
I've done minor bodywork over the years but nothing that extensive. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Thanks!

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes salvaged title means totaled by the insurance company. My friends who own the shop love these kind of repairs. This is just cosmetic damage to them. first thing we did was put it on the lift and the frame never got touched. Everything looks brand new underneath as it should with only 5300 miles on it. I'd like to see the car that hit it though. Notice the trailer hitch in the picture. That must have went all the way through the motor block of the car!

It doesn't take much to total a vehicle these days given the cost of parts. My friend was glad to see no air bags were deployed. Very expensive to replace and often times is what causes insurance companies to total out a vehicle.

Great XMan, Looks like an excellent business deal for any type of vehicle. Yes, as all the other guys say, please keep us "posted" as to your progress. We have all done the bondo fix but I have never done anything like what you are doing. Looks like a great deal.