New guy from Wisconsin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Olson

Reaction score
Hey all..

Just bought my first Expedition.. 1998 Eddie Bauer from Texas with 111k miles. If you're from Wisconsin or the Midwest, you know why I went south to buy one..!!

Ris

1998 Ford Expedition.jpg

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice, It looks to be a very clean rig, mileage is excellent. That generation tended to have spark plugs shoot out of the heads. You might want to check them to make sure all are torqued properly. But otherwise good solid performers.

You will enjoy it
Gary

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might want to check them to make sure all are torqued properly.

And by "properly" it really means to slightly "over-torque" them.

Check out this guy's video (and his channel for any other Ford related technical help)

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks ExplorerTom for giving him this video,

Brian with his website is always a very good review for most Ford problems. He does the best I have found out there

Chris,
Look him up, he can give you very good ideas for the Fords, probable problems and how to fix them

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chris, the other item you want to check/ seal is front windshield seal. These vehicles leak around the windshields badly if their not resealed. The best way to do this is buy a big tube of 3 m windshield sealer and caulking gun. You remove wipers and trim pieces, and put a good sized bead around total windshield. If you read under stickies on our site, theirs plenty of info. Welcome to the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk