New guy in Indiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ontuy

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just picked up a 2008 EL Limited. First luxury suv for me. Enjoying all of the bells and whistles. My only issue do far is the paint bubbles on the hood and tailgate. I assume someone has had them repainted. Any idea on what that will run from a local body shop?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That varies on geographic location

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

DRS1

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just picked up a 2008 EL Limited. First luxury suv for me. Enjoying all of the bells and whistles. My only issue do far is the paint bubbles on the hood and tailgate. I assume someone has had them repainted. Any idea on what that will run from a local body shop?

Aluminum tailgate and hood are notorious for galvanic corrosion (rear hatch with dissimilar metals), poor prep for paint, moisture getting under the paint, stone chips or cracking (from aluminum flex) causing water corrosion.

What amazes me... I have the first year version of this (2003), owned since new. Always garaged and wash/wax. My hood is perfect as I have a deflector, no chips on top of hood. Must have been a prepped ok. The rear hatch is a mess from a combination of things. You would think that by 2008, Ford would have solved the problem. But NO... What a crock.

And Ford expects us to buy into a full aluminum body F series and in 2016 the Expedition? Ha ha... GM will be hearing footsteps heading to their dealers.

And what makes me so aggravated... Ford has done nothing I aware of to make this obvious defect (not counting the chips) right with its customers.

Genesis 2012 TAU 5.0
Sent from my iPhone using Tap..