New Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Eddie Bauer parents got it new, they gave it to me when I went to college. I have been browsing and using the search features for a couple of days, but I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for a couple of things.

Is there a way to alter the horn? The car is so massive, and the horn is so high pitched. I would really like to lower it and make it more "manly" if you will.

Is changing the locks possible? The lock/unlock feature does not work hardly at all with this car. The driver side unlocks sometimes if I'm lucky, but all the others have to be manually done and I was wondering if there was a way to fix this.

Thats all I have for now, hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction. Glad I found this place

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum... as for the horn there are many options depending on your mechanical ability... you can purchase regular horns, air horns or my next toy a train horn and wire them in... as for door locks your probably looking into having to replace the door lock actuators or maybe just some WD40 if they are seized up

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
welcome. and i agree, i am doing the same as walnuts. puttin some train horns. i want people to know im comin!

OP
OP
T

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes. I am not very mechanically inclined, but if I have a guideline I can follow pretty much anything. Is there a How-To on changing your horn?

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont think there is one on here but it should be fairly simple. just have to find a compatible horn to make it a little easier and you dont have to change a bunch of wires.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if i get a chance, i will take a look at it this weekend and see what we can come up with.

OP
OP
T

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you. I have googled quite a few things and have no had any results

TLobe00

Reaction score
Yeah I agree on the horn... my wife's Freestyle has a more manly horn than my Expy, lol

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats why im goin with a train horn. i have a girly horn for a manly expy...doesnt make sense.