New key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panama

Reaction score
Anyone knows how to program a new key fob to open/close the rear power lift gate. The lift gate works by pushing the button on the gate itself, but my new key fob doesn’t work for it. The key fobs locks/unlocks the doors and unlocks the lift gate glass, but not the lift gate itself

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone knows how to program a new key fob to open/close the rear power lift gate. The lift gate works by pushing the button on the gate itself, but my new key fob doesn’t work for it. The key fobs locks/unlocks the doors and unlocks the lift gate glass, but not the lift gate itself

You did not list the year, make and model.

Did you buy an aftermarket fob? How was it programmed?

Do the other fobs open / close the tailgate?

OP
OP
panama

panama

Reaction score
You did not list the year, make and model.

Did you buy an aftermarket fob? How was it programmed?

Do the other fobs open / close the tailgate?
Thanks for the reply. Missed all that info huh?..
It’s an ‘08 Ford expy EL Eddie Bauer. Yes, it’s an aftermarket key fob. And I don’t have any original key fobs.
I programmed the fob with the typical eight off/on ignition switch sequence until the door locks sequenced for programming mode, then I pressed a key on the new key fob to connect it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carloss0712