new owner of 2005 expedition (does not run)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kdubb28

Reaction score
Well guys I have an update for you:

Got the expedition running $3000 later. Turns out I had 2 bent valves so I had the heads pulled and completely rebuilt. They checked if the piston rings were leaking and they were good and they also checked my thrust bearing which was also good. So after the heads of course I got new timing components from Ford. I got a new water pump and new plugs. She runs excellent I must say.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well guys I have an update for you:

Got the expedition running $3000 later. Turns out I had 2 bent valves so I had the heads pulled and completely rebuilt. They checked if the piston rings were leaking and they were good and they also checked my thrust bearing which was also good. So after the heads of course I got new timing components from Ford. I got a new water pump and new plugs. She runs excellent I must say.
Glad you got fixed up and thanks for the update. It's always nice to hear how these things turned out.

Did you do any of the work yourself or was it all done by the dealer or a local shop?

Did you change the spark plugs while you were going through all of that work?

OP
OP
K

kdubb28

Reaction score
Yes I changed the plugs. I had a reputable shop do the work. Guys we're honest and trustworthy. They have earned my business. Truck runs great and has way more power than my Tahoe off the line.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I changed the plugs. I had a reputable shop do the work. Guys we're honest and trustworthy. They have earned my business. Truck runs great and has way more power than my Tahoe off the line.
Great sounds like you took care of all of the important things. Good luck with it. I loved my 05. If it wasn't rusting away to the point where I wasn't comfortable with it, I would still be driving it.

OP
OP
K

kdubb28

Reaction score
Another update for you guys:

I had to have the motor pulled out. It turns out the piston rings were bad and the top of one of the pistons was in bad shape which was causing a misfire. So I had the entire engine rebuilt. I had new bearings and new oil pump...the whole nine yards. I have had it back almost 3 weeks now. Running good. This thing has been a pain in the butt so hopefully I'm done putting money into it. I have invested a total of $4000 in this thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1