New owner recommendations and issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
For a cargo mat, go with the Ford mats. Just NOTE --> The pictures you'll find on websites do NOT match what they really are. The pictures show a basic cargo mat. But the Ford cargo mat is foldable and stays attached to the rear seat backs so it's VERY convenient as it folds up and down with your seats.

Here's a true picture of what they are --> https://www.expeditionforum.com/posts/415465/

Cargo Mats for Standard: LL1Z-6111600-AA
Cargo Mats for EL/MAX: LL1Z-6111600-BA

Purchased!!!! Great tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
When I had intermittent Car Play issues was because of lint in the lightning port on the phone. Gently root around in there with a pin or paper clip. I’m always surprised how much junk builds up.

Gonna try this today. Good tip.

Plati

Reaction score
When I had intermittent Car Play issues was because of lint in the lightning port on the phone. Gently root around in there with a pin or paper clip. I’m always surprised how much junk builds up.
Geez ... I could be wrong but if you "root around in there" with something metal, you could might probably will possibly short out some pins and fry some electronics.

1000RR

Reaction score
Geez ... I could be wrong but if you "root around in there" with something metal, you could might probably will possibly short out some pins and fry some electronics.
That was my thought as well, they are waterproof though... but maybe it's such low voltage it isn't a big deal with the water part. Think I'd just use some compressed air and stay on the safe side.

Hardrocker

Reaction score
For a cargo mat, go with the Ford mats. Just NOTE --> The pictures you'll find on websites do NOT match what they really are. The pictures show a basic cargo mat. But the Ford cargo mat is foldable and stays attached to the rear seat backs so it's VERY convenient as it folds up and down with your seats.

Here's a true picture of what they are --> https://www.expeditionforum.com/posts/415465/

I need this. Thanks for the photo!

APW411

Reaction score

thank you for this!! I just bought my expy on 12/31 and have been scouring the internet for a cargo mat that folds with the seat!

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The best thing I did to my 2019 Expedition Max was updating Ford Sync 3.0 to 3.4.

It was free and really refreshed the interface.

I tried the pedal commander and auto stop eliminator, but they weren't worth keeping for my driving style.

The OEM cargo and floor mats were worth it.

I'm also considering replacing the sway bars or related bushings if I get tired of driving in Sport mode most of the time.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
The best thing I did to my 2019 Expedition Max was updating Ford Sync 3.0 to 3.4.

It was free and really refreshed the interface.

I tried the pedal commander and auto stop eliminator, but they weren't worth keeping for my driving style.

The OEM cargo and floor mats were worth it.

I'm also considering replacing the sway bars or related bushings if I get tired of driving in Sport mode most of the time.

How do you update sync?!