New purchase help! 4x2 vs 4x4 & Platinum vs Limited 302a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im looking at either a used Platinum Max 2018-2020 or a new 2020 Limited Max 302a. Really just using this vehicle as a family hauler, road tripper, maybe will tow a few times ever but trailer hitch for bikes and things like that. I live in Nashville so a lot of the vehicles for sale around here and further south are 2wd. We also don’t really get snow and do have an AWD vehicle if we did and had to go somewhere. My only minor concern is if we traveled to OH to visit family and hit snow during winter but really hat might be once a year or less.

Curious if people have opinions on how well the 4x2 handles rain, snow or slippery surfaces, etc? I’m hoping just to buy the best deal I find whether 4x2 of 4x4 depending on what others think. Fuel economy not really a concern.

I’d also love opinions on the 2020 Limited Max 302a vs used Platinum Max as that’s another dilemma I’m facing! I plan to buy an extended warranty either way. Thanks all!! Looking forward to contributing to the forum in the future!