New Rotors and Pads-Squishy no more?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's been some posts here about squishy brakes in the Gen III Expys. I can say that so far, I've got an improvement with the new rotors and performance pads on the rear.

This weekend I swapped out the rear OEM rotors with Centric vented rotors. Nothing crazy there, not drilled or slots. I also put Hawk LTS (?) pads and new parking brake shoes whilest everything was opened up. So far the pedal is firmer and the stopping seems to be better (although I will miss the vibrating butt massage when stopping!). I like these rotors much better than OEM as the hub is coated so the wheels won't weld themselves to the rotors. They seem to be better built than OEM. Not sure how I feel about that....

Based on this experience I would think replacing the front rotors and pads would firm things right up. That's on the to-do list!

I'll give any updates if the squishy-ness returns or if there are any other revelations, but so far, so good!

nubia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too use centric (black top) rotors they are far superior then the oem. I am using bendix pads and have zero complaints. They work extremely well!

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4