New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was all set to get a set of these Cooper's in load range "E" but decided to go with the Yokohama G015. The tread seems more amenable to the on road driving we do. My only off roading is gravel and grass. What pressure are you running and how is the ride quality?

OP
OP
C

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What pressure are you running and how is the ride quality?

Jason, I usually run my tires near max pressure, as I don't like a squishy ride. I've only got <30 miles on them, but they are quiet and not harsh. Midas installed them and I assume they filled them at around door sticker. I'm grabbing my camper tomorrow and will fill them close to max for towing.

I expect I'll typically run them 40-45 psi (max is 50), which I also did for 52k miles on the OEM Dynapro ATMs. An HT would probably make more sense for me, also, but I love the look of the mild ATs.

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have almost the same tires but they are the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT and love them. If you are looking for an alternative to the BFGoodrich KO2s, I highly recommend them.

f150dave2002

Reaction score
8fd62645f47376b988a43b85243acf5a.jpg
I got a fair deal on some Falken WildPeak HT. 02 tires on my wife’s Expy. They have really similar tread to the Michelin LTX defenders, have a 700 tread wear, A traction, B temperature rating. They have that aggressive looking side tread pattern but the quiet and smoothness of a highway tire. So far I’m impressed with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have almost the same tires but they are the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT and love them. If you are looking for an alternative to the BFGoodrich KO2s, I highly recommend them.

I went with these in load range "E" instead of the Yokohama G015 because the Yoko were special order. Been very happy with them so far. Ride quality on the "E" at 45 - 50 psi is comparable to the "C" which I ran at 40 for daily driving. Haven't towed with them yet, but don't expect any worse than the "C" range I had before.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same Coopers on mine. Really happy with them. Had them since Feb 2020.

upload_2020-11-22_8-13-29.jpeg
(Not a very good pic of them)