New to forum-Need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRAVIS25

Reaction score
I have a 2000 xlt it has about 98,000 miles.ive replaced the alternator last year and the battery tests fine.
the problem is that the truck doesnt want to start.if i leave it sit for a extended time"over night "it will start but if i start it and shut it off it wont start.the fuel pump runs but theres no cranking no clicking nothing.
i had to crawl under it and jump the starter at the store.that got it started but it blew the radio fuse.
i thaught it was a problem w/ the security key so i used my other key and it started after sitting ,but after i shut it off ,nothing it wouldnt start again.
im thinking its the starter ,but i wanted to see what the people here think. :confused:

01xltexpo

Reaction score
try testing your starter solenoid on the firewall on passenger side. The solenoid will be round with 3 ports, 2 for larger wires, 1 for a smaller one, get yourself a testlight, hool your clamp on your test light to a common ground,while your vehicle is acting up (not starting) probe your smaller wire have someone try to start vehicle, if your testlite doesnt lite up while someone try's to start then the problem is inside the vehicle possibly ignition switch, if your test lite lites up the, then probe the larger ports that doesnt have power with the key off,then have someone try to start it again, if your testlight lites up the your problem is in your starter, if the test light doesnt lite when somone tries to start the vehicle and your small wire lights up when someone is cranking then your selonoid is faulty on the firewall.If no port lights your testlight with key off then you have a cable connection problem........ I'm new to this forum, does anyone know how to add a pic of my ride on my post?

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Before you submit your post theres a browse button, hit that button, find your pic, select it then post.