Newbie here, Dead Ins Cluster, Radio, Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you say continuity on pin 85 to 87 not possible did you mean 85 to 86 and if so what is the resistance in ohms between 85 to 86

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See attached diagram. Need to pull the instrument cluster and check the connector C220b - pin 5 & 7 for power in run position.

Looking for 12v here.

Same connector, pink/orange wire - pin 2, should have continuity to ground, same for pin 11 - black wire same connector. If the ground is bad the driver seat and a/c should also be inop. If the ground is good the problem is in the cluster or a splice that is inline in one of the ground circuits.

Have you taken radios, computers, electronics apart in the past? Trying to see what skill set you have should you decide to tear into the cluster in the future.

Attachments

• 60-03.pdf
    34.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mbs xk8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What color wire will go to pin 5? also, which connector is c220d on the instrument cluster? the one on the right or left when looking at the gauges of the cluster?

I'm not great at reading wiring diagrams... (obviously!)

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
look at the print I just posted just looking at the print and the connector will make it easy to identify which one is C220b also it will be a light blue wire

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Please see the attached diagram, we are looking at what is in the red rectangle.

At the top 13-11 Power Distribution is the drawing and grouping that the circuit connects to.

The 1332 is normally a circuit number.

22 LB is the wire gauge and color.

5 is the pin location in connector C220b

The dashed lines indicate that the other circuits, 4-15-6 are bundled into the same connector.

The little symbol just underneath the red box is a connector that is switched to ground. So far nothing has been stated in the Ford manual what makes it switch to ground. May be solid state.

Attachments

• 2003 Inst Cluster 3.pdf
    34 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mbs xk8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My bad... the continuity check was between 85 and 86 as directed. And yes, there is continuity.

I'll pull the cluster Saturday morning and check it out.

Please stay with me on this! I really, REALLY appreciate the help!!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Please answer all questions, by not answering them you are not providing information that may zero in on the cause.

Are any of the "idiot lights" coming on when you first turn the ignition switch to run? Need to know which are on and off. Those are the parking, abs, CEL etc. This will tell me if all the grounds are bad or just a few.

Also see attached pdf. Once the cluster is out please perform the tests listed on the power and grounds. This is the same as above tests in a previous reply. If you don't understand anything please ask.

Attachments

• 2003 Inst Cluster Pwr Supply Check.pdf
    95.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: