Newbie with an 06

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Crocco

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My Dad doesn't drive anymore so he gave me his 06 Expedition with only 85k on it. It needs some work but it's better than a payment! I have a few questions:

1) Does anyone know of an aftermarket class III hitch for the 2nd Gen? It has the stock hitch and heavy duty trailer tow but the hitch is kind of rusty and I'm sure I trust it.

2) I am going to install Rancho Quick Lift Struts at all 4 corners and would like to know what the largest tire I can put on the stock 17 x7.5 wheels?

3) Lastly is there a good place for replacement interior trim panels etc?

Thanks!

Lou

06 Eddie

Reaction score
I can't speak for 1 or 2 but I've bought trim pieces and was very happy because they were exact matches from Ford. Tasca Parts. Good price and quick shipping. Of course amazon or ebay but I'd prefer genuine ford when I can.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would sand down the hitch Make sure its only surface rust which is normal If that is ok I would then put a coat of fresh paint on the hitch You could always replace any of the nuts and bolts if needed

If your still wanting to replace the hitch check etrailer.com

OP
OP
L

Lou Crocco

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I checked e-trailer.com and several hitch manufactures and unfortunately none of them make an aftermarket hitch for a 2nd gen Expedition. I think the hitch is integrated into the rear frame cross member and or is part of the rear bumper.