No Brake Light, Turn Signals, Or Flashers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrunsvig

Reaction score
I have a 1998 expo, 4x4, 4.6l XLT. About 3 months ago my flashers quit working, and about three days ago my blinkers and brake lights quit working, the third brake light still works. I checked the fusees and the flasher relay and they were fine. Would it be the Mulit-function switch? Any info would help a ton! Thank you.

JERKDOGG

Reaction score
I have a 1998 expo, 4x4, 4.6l XLT. About 3 months ago my flashers quit working, and about three days ago my blinkers and brake lights quit working, the third brake light still works. I checked the fusees and the flasher relay and they were fine. Would it be the Mulit-function switch? Any info would help a ton! Thank you.

That happened to my buddy in hiz TAHOE n he had to replace tha MULTI FUNCTION SWITCH to fix it!!!!!

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
jbrunsvig, replace your multifunction stalk. That is a common problem with our trucks and based on your indications, that is what is causing your problems.

Not to ask a silly question, but do you raise and lower your steering column a lot. If so, you may need to modify the wiring harness that runs through the steering column as this is known to chaffe and it will cause similar problems.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk about digging up OLD threads.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

zags

Reaction score
Before replacing the multi-function switch, rapidly push the flasher button repeatedly for thirty seconds or so. The contacts get gummed up and this seems to clean them up. I fixed a lot of them this way when I was a Ford Technician.