No K&N for 2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaiderNations

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its official. No K&N airfilters for the 2007 Expedition. I have looked for one in most autoparts stores and cant find anything. Living in Southern California were K&N has there main headquarters at, I decided to drive down to the place in Riverside, CA. After waiting to talk to someone for a few minutes I heard the bad new from the man himself. "We are still working on various aftermarket K&N airfilters." Not to be realeased for a couple of more months. Well, I guess us 2007 expy owners are out of luck. I tried a different manufactor and they sent me the wrong part. Long story. Those of you like me who have used a K&N airfilter know the benefits of having one in your ride. So hang in there guys and gals. There coming soon..... :rolleyes:

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its reusable and supposedly better flow, but you won't notice it. It's better, but not significantly. An Intake on the other hand.

OP
OP
R

RaiderNations

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I have used K&N airfilters in all my vehicles. Its saving me money on buying a new one every 10k to 15k miles. Its reusable. The intake will be out when the stock replacement is released in a couple months. Im going to hold out for the intake. But I have the money from that intake I returned to Auto Part Warehouse. Chuck, Im not sure of the difference with the 06 and 07. I had a 04 expy with a K&N and it was round. The one in my 07 is square. Not sure what the 06 looks like. Anyone who has one please let us know what it looks like. Or a pic? Chuck whats your mileage? Im at 3324. Truck seems broken in. When is a engine really broken in? Thanks.:cheers:

edmguy

Reaction score
Not to hijack, but since most of you have had k&n's what is the noise difference like? And I assume you are talking about full replacement intakes and not just drop in filters. I have been contemplating ordering one, but I have no interest if it is going to make a lot more noise while driving.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't have a K&N, but I do have a CAI. As with most of them, the K&N remove the air baffle. Therefore, at WOT, the sound will be deeper and somewhat louder, like a V8 should sound like :) As long as you stay out of WOT and heavy throttle, it will sound about the same.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its not loud unless you get on it. Its normal at any rpms as long as your not hammering it really. Once you get on its nice. Normally I like quiet cars but this is something that will make ricers have their period.

The only thing I'd say is since I have a 4.6 the highway passing calls for pushing it to the point of it starting to make noise, which sometimes I don't want.

It's worth it.

Last edited:

01blkgt

Reaction score
It is not worth the cost, both monetary-wise nor filtration-wise. It has been proven by independent testing that the K&N does not significantly outflow the stock paper filter as well as letting more particulate mater past the filter.